top of page
  • Writer's pictureElla, The Puppy

Finally Ella goes sailing

The Co-captain and Ella enjoying cuddles on our first sails

So finally the day for me to move into the boat arrived, Mummy and Daddy got all my toys, my mat, my food and treats and we went in the car. Man, I could smell the sea on our way there!

I had already been on the boat the day before during the afternoon and OMG there was so much water and it was just over there!! But I only went swimming in a nearby "beach" for an hour or so. I could have done so much more.

Anyway, they were all busy tidying up our things so I stayed on deck flirting with people that would pass by. I became really popular and even got my regular (creepy) followers that came and see me every day, sometimes more than once.

We stayed in this place for almost 2 weeks, there were many things for Mummy and Daddy to do still.

Then one morning Mummy woke me up at 3 am, took me out while Daddy was doing something with the ropes that tie the boat. They call them sheets.

It was very dark and when Mummy got me on board and secured me to the safety anchor point to help Daddy with the sheets while he started the engine I got really scared thinking Mummy was not coming back on the boat so I cut chewed my super leash and ran to the bow of the boat (that's what they call that part where there's a big metal thing hanging) to see where she was. They seemed very surprised to see me there.

Mummy got back on the boat with us, put me on a new leash and all of a sudden the boat started moving. I don't think I liked it.

We did the same the day before but just a small distance during the morning and to put a smelly liquid in a hole on the back of the boat, I didn't like it also because Mummy was not on the boat with me and Daddy, she was pulling and pushing the boat with the sheets. Mummy is very strong I think.

But today it was different, we left that place on the boat, and seriously I kid you not, it was really dark and scary. I was really nervous, but Mummy and Daddy had all controlled and managed to hug me tight for a long time while they were doing what they were doing.

Later when the daylight was already on, they used some sheets to unroll a big white fabric, I still don't think that was a very good idea. It moves by itself with the wind, not sure if it's safe.

Mummy and Daddy, cuddled me several times during the day on the sofas where I could see the sea. Oh yes, I'm now allowed on the sofas, but only the ones outside. I can run, sit and snooze on them even when I'm wet!

They showed me a place to stay while we were sailing, they say it's safer here but I'm still very scared. I'm trying to be strong and I really like seeing the big waves on Mummy's or Daddy's lap, but I'm very nervous right now.

Mummy and Daddy said they were thinking of changing my name to Ella Scallywag, think it's because I wag my tail a lot even when I'm scared while sailing. They said if Scallywag wins something on the Volvo they'll do it. No idea what they're talking about.

***In the spirit of sharing our dreams and experiences we have shared this blog post in the NOFOREIGNLAND.COM website sailors community.



bottom of page